Global Experience Committee
Membership: The Global Experiences Committee will consist of sixteen individuals.
- Twelve full-time faculty members that will lead trips in the future. Every effort should be made to have equal representation amongst the three colleges.
- One representative from the registrar
- One representative from the comptroller/business office
- One representative from admissions
- One representative from student affairs
Faculty holding visiting or adjunct appointments are not eligible to serve on the Global Experiences Committee.
Terms of Office: Faculty members shall serve staggered three-year term
Duties: The Global Experiences Committee is charged with the following duties:
- To promote global travel experiences across curriculum by offering multiple trips per academic year,
- To formulate, review, and update university procedures and policies in regards to global travel,
- To collaborate with Admissions, Alumni and Development, and Communications for recruiting and retention,
- To coordinate all university sponsored trips by establishing priorities and assuring that the quality and safety standards of the university are carried out,
- To recommend general education integration,
- To educate new faculty to the possibilities of travel for the liberal arts or professional curriculum,
- To maintain course standards for accreditation and integration with the corresponding SLO,
- To review and update travel vendors,
- To advise budgets for the dispersing between trips,
- To collect assessment data for the corresponding SLO for WEAVE