Faculty Development Committee
Membership: The Faculty Development Committee shall consist of seven full-time faculty members subject to the following restrictions:
- A minimum of five members must have tenure. All members must have a minimum of three years of full-time teaching experience at Limestone University.
- The Committee must have a minimum of two (2) members from each College.
- No Deans of Colleges or Department Chairs are eligible.
- The Coordinating Committee shall appoint one (1) senior, tenured member of the faculty to serve as an alternate.
Terms of Office: Faculty members shall serve staggered three-year terms.
Duties: The Faculty Development Committee is charged with the following duties:
- to make recommendations to the Provost concerning promotion and tenure, sabbatical leaves, leaves of absence, and faculty development funds distribution,
- to maintain a record of action in the strictest of confidence, which will be retained in the office of the Provost.
- to recommend to the Coordinating Committee changes in policy or procedure related to faculty development committee decision-making,
- to examine, evaluate, and recommend changes in the area of fringe benefits,
- to examine and recommend ways to improve the living and learning environment for the University community, especially faculty life.
Last Revision Date